Okblues Designs Blog

Favorite Scrap Sites



Top DigiScrap Blogs
Favorite Blogs
Other Favorite Sites
Favorite Scripture
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6



Monday, September 04, 2006
A Busy Weekend
It has been a busy, but fun weekend. We bought a fish/ski boat on Friday, the first boat we have owned. Of course, we had to get it wet. Problem was, both of our farm employees had the weekend off, so we had to work. Saturday, we went to a boat landing a few miles from the farm and played on the river a little while. The kids loved it! It was only the second time they had been in a boat and the first time it was a smaller, much slower one. I was worried they would be scared. Boy, was I wrong.

Here is a layout of our dd JoAnn with some photos taken Saturday.

Click to view full size

Papers & burlap tag from "Fishing" by Lauren Bavin at Digital Scrapbook Place; Torn paper, brads & charm by me; Main photo frame by Jackie Eckles at Designer Digitals; Oval frames by Kellie Mize at Designer Digitals and Photoshop actions by Atomic Cupcake. Fonts are CK Academia and LD Fine Print 5.

Also on Friday, we bought a new desktop pc, complete with a new 20" monitor and a very nice all-in-one photo quality printer. My notebook is about 3 years old & I have just outgrown it. I'm still in the process of migrating files and installing. I haven't tackled the wireless network setup yet. I want to do that when I won't have a lot of distractions. One thing I didn't realize was how dull my screen was becoming on the notebook.....I thought it was my eyes all this time.

I hope you all have been enjoying the holiday weekend! I better get to work.
posted by Alice @ 9:09 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 9/06/2006 1:16 AM, Blogger jburkhart said…

    A new boat and a new pc...you had a fun weekend!!!! Great layout of your dd having fun on your new "toy"....she was enjoying herself!

    Have fun setting up your new computer and good luck transfering all the files!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alice
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: Hi and welcome to my first blog. I am a SAHM, married to my soulmate Randy, for 21 years. I am mother to JoAnn 11, Daniel 10, Doris 9, and Matthew, our angel baby. I've only been digi-scrapping a few months and have quickly become addicted. It is an awesome way to combine my love for family, digital photography and graphic design. See my complete profile
Creative Teams

Layout Galleries
Previous Posts
Archives
My Clock
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Counter
Header Quote
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you
create what you will"
George Bernard Shaw