Okblues Designs Blog

Favorite Scrap Sites



Top DigiScrap Blogs
Favorite Blogs
Other Favorite Sites
Favorite Scripture
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6



Wednesday, September 27, 2006
I Made It
I made it to Round 2 of the ScrapArtist Apprentice Challenge! I'm just thankful I didn't have to do the judging. I still am in awe of all the amazing submissions. Congratulations to all of those continuing on in Round 2. To those who didn't make it, don't lose hope. All of the entries were beautiful and creative and you should be proud of your talent.

Yesterday afternoon was so beautiful here. Warm and sunny, with a slight cool breeze. We finished schoolwork a little early, so dh took Daniel & Doris out in the boat fishing for a little while. JoAnn & I went on a little nature walk on our property. I don't get to spend much time with just one child at a time, so this walk was special to both of us. Much to hubby's dismay, I have convinced him to leave some areas untouched, to let the weeds and wildflowers grow. There are several in bloom now & I had the opportunity to play with the macro mode on my camera. Then we went to the back pasture to check on some of the horses. Here is a layout to remember our walk and the wildflowers in bloom.

Click to view full size

Journaling: We went on a walk this afternoon. Just the two of us. Dad took Doris and Daniel out in the boat fishing. I had you all to myself! That doesn't happen very often. We talked and laughed and took lots of pictures. And I picked this pretty yellow wildflower for you to remember the fun we shared.

Credits: Garden Club by Ashley Bailey at Digital Divas Designs; Ribbon from Amazing Nature by Heather Roselli at DigiChick; Wire Heart from the Welcome Kit at Digital Scrapbook Place; Doodles from Digital Graffiti CD (Fancypants) by Dani B. at Scrapbook-Bytes. Fonts: Duvall SmallCaps, CD Heritage.

Last year, my dh purchased this horse named Rooster for Doris. He was supposed to be this fantastic kid's horse, shown by an eight year old, etc. Hubby rode him, he was fine, so he brought him home. Rooster isn't a bad horse, he just has a bit of an attitude. Doris is a little intimidated by him at times and prefers to ride one of the older mares. But not JoAnn! She shakes her finger at him, talks to him, tells him how it's going to be. And the amazing thing is, he seems to actually listen to her. I have to laugh each time they have one of their heart to heart talks.

Click to view full size

Journaling: You talk to Rooster like he's a person. Funny thing is, he seems to listen.

Credits: Rustic Grunge by Denise Bailey Designs; Flowers from July Breeze by Tracey Lee at DigiChick; Doodle by Angie Briggs at ScrapArtist. Fonts: GE Greenway Caps, LD Diary
posted by Alice @ 4:43 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 9/29/2006 5:09 PM, Blogger fran b said…

    just wanted to tell you how much i love these 2 lo...especially the one with the x time you and your daughter spent with each other.

     
  • At 9/30/2006 6:42 AM, Blogger Photopassion said…

    Congratulations that you´ve made it to the second round of SA! There are so many talented designers participating - you belong to them, no question!!!
    I´m wishing you the best of luck for this round :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alice
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: Hi and welcome to my first blog. I am a SAHM, married to my soulmate Randy, for 21 years. I am mother to JoAnn 11, Daniel 10, Doris 9, and Matthew, our angel baby. I've only been digi-scrapping a few months and have quickly become addicted. It is an awesome way to combine my love for family, digital photography and graphic design. See my complete profile
Creative Teams

Layout Galleries
Previous Posts
Archives
My Clock
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Counter
Header Quote
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you
create what you will"
George Bernard Shaw