Okblues Designs Blog

Favorite Scrap Sites



Top DigiScrap Blogs
Favorite Blogs
Other Favorite Sites
Favorite Scripture
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6



Monday, September 25, 2006
Another layout and news...
Today would have been my Mom's 71st birthday. It seems hard to believe that 12 years have passed since we lost her. It is a bittersweet day for me, filled with so many memories, and tinged with sadness that she isn't here with us. I take comfort in knowing that we will be together again one day. I wanted to scrap a page in her memory and I started digging through what few photos I have of my family. Almost all of them were lost in a house fire. These two seemed to capture her personality and devotion. And yes, that's me with the chubby cheeks.

Click to view full size
In memory of my mother, Alice Catherine

Journaling:
You taught me to stick up for what I believe in. To be
compassionate toward others and not judgemental. You
showed me that no matter how bad the situation, you can
always find something good and beautiful. That there is
usually someone else in worse circumstances. You taught
me to appreciate all of God's creations, no matter how
small or insignificant they may seem. You taught me to find
laughter amid my tears, and to laugh at myself when I made
mistakes. You showed me a perfect example of unselfish love.
You taught me that I could do anything I wanted to do,
and to pursue my goals wholeheartedly and with passion.
You always supported me, even if no one else believed in me.
And even though you are no longer by my side, you are still in
my heart, guiding me through this unpredictable journey of life.


Credits: Tranquility by Denise Bailey Designs; Pressed Flowers by Denise Bailey Designs; Doodles from Digital Graffiti CD (Fancypants) by Dani B. at Scrapbook-Bytes. Fonts: NevisonCasD, LHF Monogram English.

And now, the news.... I've been accepted by Denise Bailey for her Creative Team. This is my first CT and I am excited to be working with Denise's designs. Tranquility was a dream to work with for this page and the pressed flowers were just perfect. She has several lovely and versatile kits in the store. I feel like a kid turned loose in the proverbial candy shoppe, lol.

On a more personal note, later today my dh goes for his first cardiologist appointment and a stress test. Keep us in your prayers that all goes well. He has been having bradycardia, an abnormally slow heart rate.
posted by Alice @ 2:33 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 9/25/2006 8:21 AM, Blogger -tnchick- said…

    Happy Birthday to your Mom, even tho she isn't here. Bittersweet, certainly. You've created a beautiful layout. Best wishes to your hubby today.

     
  • At 9/25/2006 10:59 AM, Blogger Photopassion said…

    Your Layout is wonderful - so emotional. Your mother would have appreciated your thoughts of her, I´m sure!
    I will think of your hubby today, I hope everything will be good :)

     
  • At 9/25/2006 10:15 PM, Blogger jburkhart said…

    What a lovely layout of your Mom and for sharing your memory of her.

    Congrats on your wonderful news of being Denise's CT! You do awesome layouts, so she is very lucky to have you on her team!

    Woo-hoo....way to go Alice!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alice
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: Hi and welcome to my first blog. I am a SAHM, married to my soulmate Randy, for 21 years. I am mother to JoAnn 11, Daniel 10, Doris 9, and Matthew, our angel baby. I've only been digi-scrapping a few months and have quickly become addicted. It is an awesome way to combine my love for family, digital photography and graphic design. See my complete profile
Creative Teams

Layout Galleries
Previous Posts
Archives
My Clock
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Counter
Header Quote
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you
create what you will"
George Bernard Shaw